Bank on more than a career
Reporting to the AVP, Credit Administration, the Associate Mortgage Underwriter (AMU) will provide valued support to our Mortgage Underwriter and work effectively with the Brokers and other external contacts in a professional manner. The AMU will be responsible for ensuring that all conditions pertaining to the adjudication and approval of the mortgage loans are met, by maintaining and updating mortgage files from the commitment approval stage, to the time the lawyer is instructed, and will review and verify all documentation for completion and accuracy. By having total knowledge of DUCA’s policies, the incumbent will make sound judgments and ensure that all transactions are accurate and adhere to DUCA’s standards and guidelines, AML and KYC legislation, to minimize potential risks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, compiles and organizes mortgage application information and documentation for mortgage loans in accordance with DUCA’s policies to create and complete package for adjudication and approval of mortgage loans.
- Provides valued support and collaborates with the Mortgage Underwriter to ensure delivery of targets in accordance to DUCA’s standards.
- Collects and reviews outstanding conditions/documentations, such as: reviewing of appraisals, reviewing and confirmation of income and down payment verification.
- Maintains and updates mortgage files from the commitment approval stage, to the time the lawyer is instructed and follows-up on outstanding documentation to ensure timely closings.
- Monitors changes to deals and updates files as required, and sends correspondence to the appropriate parties apprising them of changes.
- Creates and/or amends mortgage commitments as needed.
- Collects, evaluates and analyses documentation and information supplied by clients and brokers, such as: verifying income, notice of assessments (NOA), purchase and sale agreements, down payment verification and reviews lease income in accordance with DUCA’s underwriting guidelines.
- Ensures that all required documentation is obtained with a strong emphasis on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know-Your-Client (KYC) legislation have been complied with and meets DUCA’s policies, guidelines and standards.
- Liaises with Brokers, Member Connect (DUCA’s Call Centre) and conducts regular follow-ups to ensure all outstanding documentation required to adjudicate files are received.
- Ensures that all transactions are processed in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet tight deadlines while at the same time delivering superior customer service to internal and external contacts.
- Tracks and manages the flow of all deals funding for the team.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably in the financial field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in mortgage administration.
- Detailed knowledge of mortgage funding and quality assurance process.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, and handle multiple completing priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
If you are self-motivated and consider this position a match, please submit your resume in confidenceto email@example.com. We appreciate all responses, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.